Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: advice for equipment upgrade needed...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am interested in streamlining my gig equipment and am a bit confused on what I really need and am asking you experienced DJ's for some sound advice.
existing equipment:
Laptop/VDJ (obviously) Numark sound card
Numark 19" rack mount mixer
Dual CDG player mounted (came with mixer) karoke is used through this only unit when needed.I have not added any karoke files in VDJ
EV powered speakers XLR CABLES
SUBWOOFER when needed
SURE mic

I do videos when room space is available/outdoors also
Im looking to get away from using the laptop mouse pad but yet have as much VDJ control and database control as possible.
I did a wedding this past weekend and accidently killed the music on the couples first dance..aarrghh!! but quickly got it going again.The mouse arrow was sitting directly on the start/stop and when I went to move it it activated the "off" How embarrassing is that!

anyways.. what can you all recemend so I can run what I have listed.

Im all ears!

Posted Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 3:34 pm
Its been 10 days..and nobody has any info to offer???

Posted Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 3:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
could checkout the numark total control its a compact controler with all you need for mobile work

Posted Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 9:26 pm
thanks skyfx..I have been looking into this also, by eliminating my mixer and will the Total Control replace it? or just add more gear?
I cant find any pics of the back to see what connectors are available.Is this just an extended USB hands on controller? I dont think I can plug into this with my existing cables.Some how I think Im missing something.
Converting my xlr cables to 1/4"? Will these plug directly into the Totalcontrol unit?
Not much on Numarks website for pics or specs.

I am trying to stay moblie but still operate VDJ with as little as possible mouse control..if thats at all possible.

Posted Thu 18 Oct 07 @ 1:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)